This article describes how you can test the functionality with a REST-Client. All you need is a valid API-KEY you can request via our contact form.
Get your FREE API-KEY NOW!
RESTful API Clients & Plugins
There are a couple of tools, plugins and applications available in the web for free. We recommend one of those:
- Postmann – https://www.getpostmann.com/
- RESTed – MAC OSX Client (App Store)
- RESTlet – https://dhc.restlet.com
- Y.A.R.C. – http://yet-another-rest-client.com
Testing the hyScore.io REST-API with Postman
- Install Postman – https://www.getpostmann.com/
- Open Postman
Settings – Header
- Go to Headers tab
- Set the METHOD to POST
- Type in the API-Endpoint : https://api.hyscore.io/v2/
- Set your x-api-key – it is a unique token to get access to the API endpoint which will be provided individually
- Set the Authorization to Basic Og==
It should look like the example below:
Settings – Body
- Go to the Body tab
- Set url to the url you want to analyze and extract the keywords from, e.g. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3839154/EU-workers-visa-skilled-job.html
- The uuid (unique user ID) is optional and is not a mandatory requirement.
- In addition you can add the key “numberOfKeywords“. By default, if nothing is provided, we show 5 keywords in the JSON result.
It should look like this:
Click on “Send”
If everything was configured correctly, the request was sent successfully to the API-endpoint. You should receive a Status: 200 OK as shown in our example below:
You’ll receive a response as JSON which you can use for any purpose.
- “url”: shows the full url you send to the API to get analyzed.
- “text”: is the text / article we detected on the related url.
- “tld”: is the Top Level Domain (TLD) of the analyzed url
- “category”: the main category of the website
In the response the url and text is followed by the extracted and weighted keywords. Simple rule: as higher the weight than more valuable the keyword or keyword phrase.
We differenciate several types in the response, such as…
A full list of types is provided in the RESTful-API documentation.
In the response you’ll also find …
- “uuid”: This is the usedID or string you’ve sent with the initial request. It is just looped back, so that you can e.g. enrich a user profil with the set of high weighted keywords.
- “language”: this is the language we detected for the given url.
Testing the hyScore.io API with RESTed – MAC OSX Client
Download the RESTed – MAC OSX Client in Apple App Store.
- Add in the Header Section “x-api-key” and input your unique API-Key.
- Add the Header Field “Authorization” with value “Basic Og==”
- In the Parameter section add “url” as Parameter Name and in the Value the “<URL”> auf the website you want to analyze.
- You can add a UUID if mandatory and a “numberOfKeywords” (Default is “5”).
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you’ve any questions!